An App that monitors earthquakes right where you are and you to save crucial seconds.
Seismometer is the device that measures earthquakes - seismos is the Greek word for earthquakes.
This App uses a special designed algorithm that senses the motion of the device and convert it into 4 major earthquake scales:
• Shindo (Japan) link
• USGS (USA) link
• Liedu (China) link
• Mercalli (World) link
WHY IS USEFUL ::
• Will wake you up when sleeping.
• Handy in areas with tornados or earthquakes.
• Vital information when using sensitive electrical equipment
• Choose your favorite earthquake scale.
• Choose alarm level
• Place your device on a table
• Press inside circles to start monitor
• Move the table a little to observe how any movement is translated into scale levels using various colors.
• Read the scale info by tapping "?" next to perceived shaking description
• Plug in your original charger
• Place the device in a surface that is completely stable and nothing can move it, e.g. floor without any carpet is ideal
• If you need the visual alarm (pulsing light) to be visible you can place it face down or at the edge of a bedside table with the flashlight of the camera facing the floor
• Adjust the brightness of the screen to the lowest level
• Choose the level of desired earthquake intensity by moving the slider
• Tap the big button in the centre of the screen"Initialising Alarm" appears on the screen for 5 seconds
• The seismometer is on, monitoring any movement or earthquake happening real time
• Tap the big button again to stop monitoring any movement
* App must be open for monitor to function. If you close the app, the monitor stops and no alarm will happen.
The earthquake monitoring consumes around 10%/hour in an iPhone 4 (when screen is dimmed at lowest level). Latest devices (e.g. iPhone 7) consumes less than 10%/hour, but it is recommended to leave the charger on your device so you can use the Power Failure function as well. The screen will be always on so you can see what is happening without moving your device.